- Lotus Tech is a pioneering luxury electric vehicle maker that operates under the iconic British brand, Lotus. L Catterton Asia Acquisition Corp is a special purpose acquisition company listed on the Nasdaq (NASDAQ: LCAA) that is affiliated with L Catterton, a leading global consumer-focused investment firm.
- The Business Combination transaction between Lotus Tech and LCAA values the Combined Company at a pro forma enterprise value of approximately US$5.4 billion, taking into account up to approximately US$288 million of cash from LCAA’s trust account (assuming none of LCAA’s public shareholders elect to redeem their shares).
- All existing Lotus Tech equity holders, including Geely Holding, Etika, NIO Capital, etc. are expected to retain their interests in Lotus Tech and own a total of approximately 89.7% of the issued and outstanding equity of the Combined Company immediately following the closing of the Business Combination (assuming none of LCAA’s public shareholders elect to redeem their shares, among other assumptions), underscoring their continued confidence in Lotus Tech’s growth strategy and outlook.
- Lotus Tech’s current leadership team led by CEO Qingfeng Feng will continue to lead the Combined Company, contributing their extensive experience in the global automobile industry.
- Lotus Tech’s first fully electric hyper SUV, Eletre, is expected to begin delivery in China in the first quarter of this year, and in the UK and EU later this year. Planning is underway for future delivery of Eletre to the U.S. and rest of the world, leveraging the Lotus brand’s global network across core regions.
- Proceeds from the Business Combination are expected to be used for further product innovation, next-generation automobility technology development, global distribution network expansion and general corporate purposes.
NEW YORK and SINGAPORE, Jan. 31, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — Lotus Technology Inc. (“Lotus Tech” or the “Company”), a leading